Thursday, February 9, 2012

Classes and Pet Memorials!


I just finished this piece - a memorial for the dog that kept me company when I installed my first backsplash!  Higgins was a quiet presence, never a bother.  He was very supportive when I was almost in tears when a million pieces fell off one of the panels as I installed it.  But we got through it together and I learned how not to install a backsplash! 

I've since learned how to install panels so they don't look pieced together and so that pieces don't fall off during the installation - experience, experience, experience!

I love to teach people what I've learned so they don't have to learn the hard way!  
That said, I recently taught a class in my home studio and one of the participants blogged about the class experience.  See her blog on January 30 at www.pinkadotquilts.blogspot.com.
I think it's fair to say a good time was had by all.

I am now offering a series of flex classes that will be 1 and 1/2 days in duration and there will be an option to complete the class in a weekend or on two consecutive Saturdays. Everyone would attend the first Saturday and then could choose to complete the project the next day or the next Saturday. I know it is hard to schedule an entire weekend so hopefully, this will be a good alternative.  Classes will be offered the following dates:
  • Series 1Found object mosaics using the direct method: Saturday, March 3 - 9am to 5pm AND Sunday, March 4 - 9am to 12 noon OR Saturday, March 10 - 9am to 12 noon.
  • Series 2Vitreous glass mosaics using the indirect method: Saturday, March 24 - 9am to 5pm AND Sunday, March 25 - 9am to 12 noon OR Saturday, March 31 - 9am to 12 noon.
  • Series 3Found object mosaics using the direct method: Saturday, April 14 - 9am to 5pm AND Sunday, April 15 - 9am to 12 noon OR Saturday, April 21 - 9am to 12 noon.
Bring Found objects you would like to use or if you have an object you would like to use as a base, bring that for the Found Object Mosaic classes. I have an assortment of ceramic tiles and mirrors as well. All other materials will be supplied.  Class sizes are limited to 3 people, cost is $125.00 per person.  If you or someone you know is interested in a class, please let me know. Please feel free to contact me with questions!

Amy Bruckner
Piece Of Mind Mosaics
(610) 942-4856



No comments:

Post a Comment